Making things go smoothly...
What we're looking for is a con that's safe and fun for everyone, and Operations' job is to make that happen. Badging will be in effect throughout the con as per usual. There's a $20 fee to replace a lost badge so make sure to keep track of yours. Please report any lost, missing or found badges to Ops ASAP. Here are the basic rules for this year's con. There won't be a test, but please pay attention, as there are a few differences from past years:
- Smoking only in designated areas.
- Working animals only - please do not bring pets to convention areas.
- Real or realistic looking replica weapons are not permitted. If your pistol looks like a 23rd century plasma emitter, fine, but there will be a problem if it looks like an 1845 Colt Peacemaker.
- Staffs and unstrung bows are permitted as well, but please use your own common sense.
- Actual blades MUST be peace bonded. You will be required to take the weapon to Ops to have it secured. There will be no drawing of weapons in public places permitted. If you do want to show your weapon, please take it to a private room and use appropriate caution. It's not prohibited, but we don't want any unfortunate accidents.
Please remember that the convention is held in an area where we will be in contact with non-fans. In light of recent events, please try to use common sense, especially in the public areas of the hotel. Let's not scare the civilians, please...
The age-old admonition rings as true as always: Act like a responsible adult, and you will be treated as one!
[ home ] [ contact info ] [ guestbook ] [ memberships ] [ coming events ]
[ extravaganzas ] [ volunteers ] [ hospitality ] [ art show ] [ dealers room ]
[ gaming ] [ programming ] [ video room ]
[ operations ]
[ con guests ] [ hotel info ] [ links ] [ survey ]